Hickies are temporary red marks on the skin caused by excessive kissing or sucking – with enough force to break some blood vessels around the surface or under the skin. Hickies are also known as brands of passion, love of manufactures or love bites. These kiss marks can be reached on a portion of the skin, but are commonly seen in the neck area. Its effect is just superficial and never dangerous. It usually takes up to a maximum of 5 days to get rid of hickeys completely. However, you can work to speed up his demise by applying the tips below for How to get rid of Hickies.
How to get rid of Hickies
How to remove a hickey in seconds?
- Use cold agents to help minimize a dark hickey. Prepare ice cubes and wrap them with a washing cloth. Position gently on the top of the mark. You can also place a spoon on the freezer for about 10 minutes. After that, wrap with a washing cloth. Massage gently up and down the mark until the spoon is still hot. Remember not to press the spoon too hard as it can cause more bruising on the area. Avoid applying ice or a cold agent directly to your skin for this alone can cause ice burns.
- Lightly massage around your hickey. If your hickey is slightly bleeding, allow it to stop and apply a gentle circular massage using your thumb. Be sure to wash your hands before doing the massage. You do not want to end up having an infected hickey.
- Rub the mark lightly with a comb or soft-bristled hairbrush. Just make a slight upward and downward movement of the brush or comb around the area. Do not scratch too much or you will end up having unwanted red stripes around the Brand.
- Apply heat 1 or 2 days after your hickey is out. Get a washcloth and soak it in warm water. Spinning applies on the mark for about 5 minutes approximately 3 times a day. You can also use a tea bag to provide heat, simply re-wet and warm the bag when it’s getting colder. Do not forget to wrap the tea bag with a washing cloth to avoid staining your skin.
- Perform the technique of water and a hot toothbrush. Another application of heat is through the use of a toothbrush with soft bristles. Dip it under hot water and press it to remove drops. Apply a light sweeping motion on the mark. To do this, for about 10 minutes. You can also incorporate this technique with the cold spoon method (please talk to the first step of this method) – start with the cold spoon of the first step and then follow through applying the technique of the toothbrush. Continue to make the alternate cold spoon and technique of the hot toothbrush for 20 to 30 minutes. If you are searching for How to get rid of Hickies, then it is best way to remove them.
- Prepare baking powder, salt and water. Mix all these agents together until it appears pasty. Apply it on your hickey. This mixture promotes the fading of your hickey in no time. Apply this solution each morning before taking a shower and overnight before going to sleep.
- Cover your hickey. This may seem inappropriate for the summer, but if you want to cover an exposed hickey, you must wear a high-necked, long-sleeved turtle or sweater, or even a scarf to prevent others from seeing your love bite. For girls, makeup will do the trick. Just place a light green eye shadow on your hickey to cover the red spot and top it off with a concealer to neutralize the shadow. As for guys, although you can buy a band of gauze and plaster, cover your hickey, and think of a very good story about your fake injury.
Tips and Warnings for How to get rid of Hickies
- Try to stop just to leave a Hickie on your love.
- Do not give the Hickie too much attention. It could be worse.