We continue with the series of entries on the most important and active ingredients that you can find in your cosmetic products, which is the famous vitamin C. Do not miss it.
What is vitamin C?
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water- soluble vitamin (soluble in water) essential for the development and growth of the body. There are many Vitamin c benefits for skin, Some of them have been described in this article.
We are not able to synthesize it or store it. So it is important to include foods rich in vitamin C in the daily diet. Excess vitamin C is eliminated in the urine.
Vitamin C is one of the most important vitamins for the body for all the benefits it provides and because it also helps the absorption of other nutrients that are needed.
Benefits of vitamin C
In general, the main benefits of vitamin C for the body are:
- It forms an important protein used to produce skin, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels.
- It helps to heal wounds and form scar tissue.
- It is necessary to repair and maintain cartilage, bones and teeth.
- It helps the absorption of iron.
- Its consumption has an indisputable de-stressing effect, since it reduces the blood levels of cortisol (hormone that we make in emergency situations and causes stress).
- Reduces blood pressure in hypertensive patients (according to a study by the Linus Pauling Institute of Oregon State University).
- It is a good ally in the fight against cancer for its antioxidant effect (as demonstrated by the oncologist Chi Dang of Johns Hopkins University).
What are the benefits of vitamin C for the skin?
If we look at the benefits that vitamin C brings to the skin, we find that it can do wonders:
- It is known for improving the brightness and improving the off tone. In a few days your results are noticed.
- Play a very important role reinforcing collagen and elastin that help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- As I have already mentioned, it contributes to the healing of skin wounds and the damage caused by sun exposure.
- By acting as an antioxidant, it helps protect skin cells from damage caused by free radicals. The accumulation of free radicals over time, is largely responsible for the aging process.
- It has de-pigmenting effect since it unifies the tone of the skin and reduces dark spots.
- Because of its exfoliating effect, it helps you clean impurities and even your facial tone.
- It helps reduce acne and rosacea.
As you can see, best Vitamin C serum is very important for your skin, since it directly eliminates free radicals, helps the synthesis of collagen and defends the barrier that gives the skin its definition and firmness.
According to the dermatologists, since the body cannot produce it by itself, it is beneficial to apply it topically so that the skin obtains a continuous supply.