When you are during a weight loss process, it is possible that the doctor or the nutritionist indicates, in addition to healthy eating and the practice of physical activity, the intake of any medication or natural remedy that helps to accelerate the metabolism, burn the accumulated fat, inhibit the absorption of fat in the intestine, decrease appetite, control anxiety or to combat fluid retention in the body.
Some natural remedies such as green tea, chitosan and goji berries are excellent for weight loss. There are also diet pills such as Saxenda and Orlistat, it is important that the medication is indicated by a doctor, since the type of medication and the dose will depend on the individual needs of the person. You can buy and read best diet pills reviews from theglowdetoxdiet.
Weight loss diet pills
Some of the medications that can be used to lose weight and that are sold in pharmacies under prescription are:
Sibutramine acts by decreasing hunger and causing the sensation of satiety to reach the brain faster, helping to control the amount of food eaten. In this way, this medication can be used as a first treatment in people with obesity. It should be noted that in some countries of Latin America its use has been restricted, due to its side effects.
This medicine should not be used by pregnant women, breastfeeding women and in cases of heart disease, anorexia, bulimia, use of nasal decongestants and antidepressants. See the side effects in: Sibutramine.
- It is ideal for:people who are dieting and have obesity, but in turn have great difficulty controlling hunger and the desire to eat fatty or sugary foods.
- Indication: In general, the recommendation is to take 1 capsule in the morning fasting, but if after 4 weeks there is no evidence of weight loss, you should go to the doctor again.
Also known as Xenical, it works by preventing the absorption of fats in the intestine, reducing the amount of calories that are absorbed at the intestinal level, promoting weight loss and helping to control high cholesterol.
Orlistat is contraindicated in pregnant women, lactating women and people with intestinal malabsorption problems or who for some reason have a tendency to suffer from diarrhea. See the summary of the medication’s prospectus in: Orlistat.
- It is ideal for: to decrease the amount of fat that is absorbed at the intestinal level and to maintain the results of the diet. It should not be used as the solution to eat more high-fat foods daily.
- Indication: It is advisable to take 1 capsule before each meal to reduce the amount of fat that is absorbed at the intestinal level.
Saxenda is an injectable medication and can only be used under medical prescription, but acts at the center of hunger and satiety, causing the appetite to diminish. Also, one of the effects of the drug is to change the sense of taste, making food a little less appetizing.
However, it should not be used by people who are not obese, during pregnancy, during breastfeeding or in adolescents, because the effects of the medication have not yet been determined for this group of individuals. See the package insert of this medicine in:Saxenda.
- It is ideal for:people with obesity who have a BMI higher than 30 Kg / m² or with a BMI greater than 27 kg / m2 but who have associated diseases such as high blood pressure or type 2 diabetes. Also, these individuals must be accompanied by a doctor and by a nutritionist.
Note: usually 1 injection of saxenda a day is enough to reduce 10% of the weight in 1 month.
- Lorcaserin hydrochloride
It is an anti-obesity drug that acts on brain serotonin levels, decreasing appetite and increasing satiety, and has few side effects. By decreasing the appetite, less amount of food is ingested, favoring weight loss.
- It is ideal for:people who are dieting and need to reduce their appetite to avoid eating high-calorie foods and lose weight fast. However, it can only be used under medical prescription.
- Indication: Take 2 tablets per day, one at lunch and another at dinner.