Erectile dysfunction, also known as sexual impotence, is the inability and difficulty to have or maintain an erection of the penis that allows intimate contact. Man can have a problem when this difficulty occurs in at least 50% of attempts to have sexual contact, and what can happen is that the erection is not rigid enough so that there can be penetration. This problem can be treated through medications such as Viagra or Cialis and you can buy it from Kusuri Express.
Sexual impotence affects mostly men between 50 and 80 years, and in addition to harming the sexual and intimate health of men, it can also bring other psychological problems such as depression and contributing to a decrease in the quality of life.
Causes of erectile dysfunction
Some of the most common causes that lead to erectile dysfunction problems are:
- Drug’s use;
- Excessive use of certain medications such as antihypertensive, antidepressants and antipsychotics;
- Psychological problems such as depression, traumas, fear, dissatisfaction or diminution of the libido;
- Chronic diseases with kidney failure or diabetes.
In addition, smoking is another major cause of sexual impotence, since smoking reduces the blood flow in the sexual organ, which can hinder erection or prevent it altogether.
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction
Some of the main symptoms of sexual impotence include:
- Difficulty having or maintaining an erection;
- Erection less rigid and more flaccid;
- Reduction of the size of the sexual organ;
- More time to get an erection;
- Difficulty in maintaining intimate contact in some sexual positions;
- Greater effort and concentration to maintain the erection;
- Decrease in body hair;
- Diminution of the number of spontaneous erections upon awakening;
- Ejaculation faster than usual;
- Alterations or deformation of the genital organ;
- Peripheral vascular disease that hinders the passage of blood to the lower limbs of the body, such as legs, feet and sexual organ.
Diagnosis of erectile dysfunction
To make the diagnosis of erectile dysfunction, the doctor will make a detailed record of all the difficulties felt during intimate contact, as well as learn about other possible causes such as depression or the use of drugs, for example, that may be causing the problem. He will also perform a physical examination in search of deformities in the genital organ, diseases in the prostate, signs of hypogonadism or signs of cardiovascular or neurological diseases.
When necessary, the doctor can also request the performance of laboratory tests to evaluate the levels of lipids, sugars and testosterone hormone in the body, since these values can help identify the possible problem.
Erectile dysfunction treatment
Sexual impotence can be treated in different ways, because its treatment depends on its cause. Therefore, some of the treatment options that exist are:
- Use of medications suchas Sildenafil (Viagra), Tadalafil (Cialis) or Vardenafil (Levitra), Apomorphine, Blemelanotide or Alprostadil that help in the erection and available on Kusuri Express.
- Hormone replacement therapyin capsules, adhesives or injections that increase testosterone levels and facilitate testosterone;
- Use of vacuum devicesthat promote erection and are especially recommended for men who can not do medication treatment;
- Surgery for implantation ofpenile prostheses that are used as a last resort, only when all other treatments were not successful.
In addition to the referred treatments, the counseling with a psychologist or psychiatrist and the couple therapy are also very important, because they help to treat other problems as fears and insecurities that may exist and that are also contributing to the problem.